Marketing Vendor for Social Media Strategy and Content Development - EpiC Project
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Solicitation Title: Social Media Strategy and Content Development
Project Number: 102533
Submit Proposal to: ProcurementVietnam@fhi360.org
Date of Issue of RFP: 4 August 2021
DateProposal Due: 23:59 EST 18 August 2021
Approximate Date Consultant Contract Issued to Successful Candidate(s): 1 September 2021
Method of Submittal:
Respond via e-mail by 18 August with attached documents in MS Word or PDF format.
The vendor agrees to hold the prices in its offer for the duration of the assignment.
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is working with the Government of Vietnam and community partners to accelerate HIV epidemic control. This includes helping increase knowledge of and access to HIV services, including PrEP (a pill that prevents HIV infection), HIV testing, and HIV treatment. To help achieve these aims, EpiC plans to continue to manage a robust and diverse social media strategy that helps promote and link people to services, especially men who have sex with men (MSM), transgender people (TG); and people who formerly or currently inject drugs (PWIDs) and their partners. Many of the individuals at the greatest risk of HIV acquisition and with the lowest knowledge are young men (ages 15-25). During the next fiscal year (October 2021 to September 2022), EpiC is seeking an individual consultant or marketing firm to help manage its promotional activities, which are expected to focus on the following areas:
- HIV self-testing, available for home delivery
- HIV testing, available from community health workers and at public health facilities
- Daily pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to prevent HIV infection
- Event-driven PrEP, a newly available option for PrEP that does not require daily pills, but instead involves taking PrEP specifically around times of increased HIV acquisition risk
- The continuation and adapting of HIV services during COVID-19 waves
EpiC Vietnam works in six provinces: Dong Nai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), Quang Ninh, Tay Ninh, and Tien Giang. HIV testing is provided in all provinces; PrEP is available in all provinces except Dong Nai. The project runs an online reservation application called Suc Khoe Connect (SKConnect.org) that connects clients from online advertisements to appointments and community health workers (called community health supporters) who are available to answer their questions. Suc Khoe Connect also includes a Knowledge Hub that provides easy to understand information about HIV and available services.
Note: EpiC also has an existing Google for Nonprofits-funded Ad Words account that supports pay-per-click (PPC) text advertisements only on Google Search Network with monthly ad credits up to $10,000.
SCOPE OF WORK
EpiC seeks a marketing firm or individual consultant to provide support in five major areas:
- The development of content strategy and set of assets to support promotions on dating applications, social media channels, and other recommended platforms.
- Development of content strategy and assets in support of an existing Facebook page (SKConnect Vietnam).
- Work with EpiC team to determine key monthly priorities
- Develop monthly content calendars for SKConnect Facebook page
- Execute on the monthly content calendar, including developing copy and assets, vetting content with project staff, and posting content
- Administrate the existing Google Ad account funded via Google for Nonprofits.
- Monitor keyword performance
- Adapt keywords as appropriate to maximize performance
- Support for landing pages and associated auxiliary content to ensure clients have a seamless experience moving from online ads to Suc Khoe Connect.
- As recommended by the firm/consultant, create landing pages and other content in support of overall content strategy
- Monitor the effectiveness of social media and online advertising efforts, report to the program, and recommend pivots or changes in priorities based on results.
Applicants should feel free to propose additional social media channels and how they will help EpiC reach its desired goals.
EpiC measures performance through results. Results will be measured as follows:
- Facebook: Increased page likes and engagement with posted content
- Google Ads: Cost per click, total ad spend from Google for Nonprofits grant increasing month-on-month
- Suc Khoe Connect performance: Number of HIV testing appointments made and clients arrived, Number of PrEP appointments made and clients arrived (measured using EpiC-provided tokens)
Proposals listing additional channels for promotion are encouraged, with clear articulation of how performance on those platforms will be measured.
Vietnamese will be the primary language for client-facing deliverables. Content calendars and strategies should be delivered in English. A proposed schedule of deliverables is provided below. The applicant may provide an updated schedule for deliverables as part of their proposal. All deliverables will be property of EpiC Vietnam for use as part of this strategy and/or other efforts.
Social media campaign strategy:
Finalized campaign strategy including channels, frequency, costs, and an asset list that integrates project feedback on the proposal and additional insights from project beneficiaries - September 15
Asset sets required to support asset strategy: Quarterly – September 25, December 25, March 25 and June 25
Facebook page administration
Monthly content calendar creation - By 20th of month prior to implementation (x 12)
Development of assets for Facebook page - Ongoing
Google Ads administration
Analysis of existing Google Ads strategy and improvements - Once - September 15
Administration of Google Ads account - Ongoing
Auxiliary content or content for other social media platforms
As described in proposal - TBD
Report on progress against performance measures - Monthly (x 12)
The selected firm or consultant must have a demonstrated ability to engage and attract the project’s target populations including MSM, transgender persons, and current or former PWIDs. Proposed approach must include responsiveness to feedback from beneficiaries, community health supporters, and project staff. The selected firm/consultant will need to demonstrate experience working to promote health services and/or services supported by international NGOs and a comfort level with providing fresh, innovative content that drives sexual health-related outcomes. Additionally, the selected firm/ consultant should possess the following:
- Ability to communicate strategically and creatively in English and Vietnamese
- Experience providing social media creative and management support for health-focused initiatives, ideally for an international NGO
- Demonstrated ability to reach target audience
- Familiarity running ads with Google Ads, Facebook, and on suggested social media channels
- Content proposal, including: draft campaign strategy or strategies, schedule for deliverables, one sample monthly content calendar (October 2021), business description, proposed collaborative approach between firm/consultant and EpiC Vietnam, associated costs
- Business license
- Portfolio with creative assets from campaigns that are relevant to the content or deliverables covered in this proposal
- Biography of key consultant(s) that will engage in the project
- Proposed strategy and promotional theme for campaigns
- Professional experience working on similar scopes of work and/or for similar organizations
- Feedback from review panel including representatives from target audiences
- Cost and perceived value for money
The selected Vendor must meet the evaluation criteria with competitive pricing but not over the project’s current US$30,000 allocated budget.
Only selected Vendor is contacted for Purchase Order.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross