JOB TITLE: Social Support Officer
Starting date: 12 April 2021 Application closing date: 31 March 2021 Full time position: 100% FTE Duration of contract: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds) Location: Ho Chi Minh City
This position will work for two sister-organizations who have registration in Viet Nam: Friends for International TB Relief (FIT) the Center for Development of Community Health Initiatives (CHI).
CHI is a locally registered research institution established according to Decision No 1074/Q?-LHHVH under Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA). The main activities of CHI focus on implementation of research by conducting pilot studies, operational research and clinical trials. CHI also conducts projects and development initiatives in the field of public health. The organization is currently collaborating with IRD VN and FIT VN to implement the Erase TB project funded by USAID. CHI’s role within this grant is to provide tiered packages of social support to vulnerable TB patients, including cash transfers, transport vouchers, Social Health Insurance enrollment and TB treatment adherence counselling. CHI then monitors this work by conducting research on TB treatment outcomes, catastrophic cost incurrence, quality of life and the impact of stigma on TB patients. Additionally, CHI is a sub-grantee the CDC Foundation and provides provides social support for MDR-TB patients while evaluating the impact of this support.
FIT VN is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. FIT now has over 50 office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programs and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID and Johnson & Johnson. We have also had multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT was chosen to represent civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City. For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
The below is job description for the position of Social Support Officer:
For provision of social support:
- Follow procedures to receive cash from CHI’s finance team;
- Schedule delivery of social support;
- Develop training materials about this component of the project;
- Distribute materials and/or social support the patient’s home or the local District TB Unit;
- Provide treatment adherence counselling to patients
For Social Health Insurance (SHI) enrollment:
- Contact TB patients without health insurance and set appointments;
- Directly assist TB patients with enrollment onto SHI, including filling out paperwork for them and delivering insurance registration documents to the local People’s Committee/ SHI authorized agencies;
- Document completion of insurance enrollment.
For qualitative interviews:
- Have familiarity and experience with interview techniques;
- Follow all research protocols and SOPs;
- Obtain informed consent from participants;
- Assist with conducting focus group discussions, in depth interviews and key informant interviews;
- Distribute interview stipends to participants and complete all documentation of this process
For patient costing surveys:
- Learn the methodology of the patient costing surveys (PCS;
- Read about the methodology used for prior patient costing surveys and the calculation of catastrophic costs in Viet Nam and other countries;
- Conduct PCSs with TB patients, with properly signed informed consent
- Enter data from patient costing surveys into a WHO approved data collection tool
Other general tasks:
- Develop presentations about study implementation;
- Participate in summarizing research outputs and implementation experience for publication;
- Document implementation in detail
- Other activities requested by CHI management .
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to HR@tbhelp.org addressed to Rachel Forse
- Subject: ‘Social Support Officer- HCMC”
- No later than
31 March 2021
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
CHI & FIT VN are equal opportunity employers.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)