Job description – Study Officer
Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam
The Woolcock Institute is leading international lung health research organisation, affiliated with the University of Sydney in Australia (https://sydney.edu.au/). The Woolcock Institute has operated researches in Vietnam since 2009 and undertaken large operational, epidemiological and clinical research projects in several provinces, including Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City. The Woolcock also runs training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers. Currently the Woolcock directly employs about 50 full-time staff and has expanded the research activity to other fields, including antimicrobial resistance, climate change, agriculture, environmental health, etc.
Overview: Since June 2018, the Woolcock has implemented the research for antimicrobial resistant infectious diseases in Vietnam (V-RESIST study), with the aim of developing, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of a complex health systems intervention to reduce the emergence of AMR in Vietnam.
The research would be conducted in four provinces in Vietnam and is consisted of three phases such as phase 1 (baseline survey (qualitative interviews, standardized patient survey in pharmacies, health system analysis and stakeholder engagement), phase 2 (cluster randomized trial evaluating the effectiveness of a strategy to strengthen responsible use of antimicrobials) and phase 3 (economic evaluation) for three years of 2018-2021.
Location: Hanoi with possibility of domestic travel
Duration: 12 months appointment, with consideration for subsequent extension. This position will begin as soon as possible in 2021.
To work with a study manager closely and with the whole V-RESIST study team throughout the study
To contribute to all aspects of the study based on the discussion with a study manager (document preparation, data collection, data entry, analysis etc.)
To engage with relevant stakeholders and assist their efforts
To prepare and participate in workshops, trainings and meetings related to the V-RESIST study
Any other additional tasks if required
V-RESIST Study Manager
- Country Director, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam
- Principal Investigator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen key relationships with collaborative partners in assigned areas
- Planning and executing the study
- Implementing pilot projects to test key components of the study
- Assisting in the development of study-related materials including the Standard Operating Procedures, study documentation and forms, and study marketing (promotion) materials
- Training field research teams and government health staff to implement the SOPs (including informed consent, safety and compliance issues)
- Support the development of study plans and budget for relevant activities
- Study implementation accountability
- To learn and fully understand the study protocols and procedures.
- To work with partners to conduct study activities.
- To provide monitoring for study activities as guided in the SOPs
- To collect qualitative and quantitative data in the field as required, ensure that the protocol is strictly followed.
- Financial accountability
- Fulfilling financial responsibilities delegated according to project financial procedures
- Establishing effective procurement control and asset management in delegated study areas
- Assisting in oversight of budget, audit and financial accounting in delegated study areas
- Ensure efficient expenditure of resources
- To communicate and report any issues occurred in the field timely with the study manager for solutions.
- To participate in report development by providing comments and inputs.
- To communicate with the study manager and the Chief Investigators on data collection process, results and issues if occurred.
- To work closely with the study manager, the Country Director, and Chief Investigators
- To perform other duties if required.
- Degree in public health, health promotion, pharmacy or related fields
- Strong organizational management skills
- Experience on designing and implementing AMS, and/or health promotion and communication campaigns in community setting
- Experience working with data to improve study outcomes
- Experience in engaging with government and/or non-government partners
- Having experience in working with either hospitals/health care workers or local authorities is preferred
- Strong skills in English and good communication skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in Vietnamese.
- Ability to work within a team
- A motivator with good listening skills
- Focused, but flexible approach
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English or Vietnamese and scanned copies of your related degrees, no later than 10th January 2021 by submitting the application form in the link as follows: https://airtable.com/shrEHhrmyayGTWOjs
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewsCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam