Position Title: Surveillance Technical Director
Opportunity Name: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Surveillance Technical Director.
Job summary and responsibilities:
The Surveillance Technical Director will provide leadership and oversight for activities to “strengthen indicator/case- and event-based surveillance systems” and “improve real-time electronic surveillance systems on sustainable platforms with access to comprehensive data.” These activities are part of the anticipated CDC Vietnam: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam project. The opportunity will support USG global health priorities in Vietnam by implementing programs and activities that strengthen public health programs. The main outcomes stated in the solicitation are to: “1) improve prevention of avoidable epidemics including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens; 2) improve ability to rapidly detect threats early, including detecting, characterizing, and reporting emerging biological threats; by 3) responding rapidly and effectively to public health threats of international concern.”
The technical directors will design and manage the surveillance systems activities of the project, support the Government of Vietnam and its relevant ministries in the strengthening of human and animal health diagnostic systems and will provide technical assistance in support of surveillance activities, development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
Please note that the position is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval. The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical leadership in designing, planning, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and dissemination of project surveillance data in collaboration with the relevant key stakeholders as per the national, regional and global standards and requirements.
- Providing technical assistance to laboratories and surveillance sites (human and animal health) to collect, analyze and report quality surveillance data from laboratory Information systems, Ministry of Health (MOH) Management Information System and other data repositories or databases.
- Providing technical leadership in the mapping of data to determine trends, generate visualization tools/dashboards to enhance decision making to mitigate infectious disease threats.
- Providing technical inputs to the design, implementation (field work), data collection, reporting, and analysis of active and passive sampling protocols for priority infectious diseases.
- Providing technical assistance, supportive supervision, and mentoring to relevant project and MOH staff to develop, evaluate and/or update surveillance systems, epidemiologic and surveillance methods.
- Providing technical assistance for the integration and optimization of national and sub-national reporting systems for global health security priority pathogens and those of importance in Vietnam.
- Assisting in the triangulation of laboratory data with other surveillance data from existing national repositories/databases to improve the surveillance network systems.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, epidemiology or related field with a focus on infectious disease detection and surveillance.
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or surveillance in public health.
- Experience in designing tools/methods/dashboards for data visualization.
- Experience with epidemiologic surveillance methodology; knowledge and experience with global health security surveillance and other relevant health programs preferred.
- Proven experience working with the ministries of health, donors, NGOs, and the private sector on infectious disease programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with diverse project teams and partners at the local, national, and international level.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in Vietnamese.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their CVs/resumes and cover letters to APROProposal@fhi360.org as soon as possible, but no later than August 1, 2020.
***In the application email, candidates are encouraged to use the subject line: “Surveillance Technical Director, CDC Vietnam project”
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)