Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535), founded in 1984, with its head office based in London, UK. HPA currently implements programmes in 15 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
HPA has been operational in Viet Nam since 2016 and is currently implementing projects related to malaria control and elimination funded by the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria (GFTAM). The new 3-year GFTAM project is being implemented in two target provinces in collaboration with the National Lung Hospital, provincial lung hospitals, academic and local NGO partners.Title: Tuberculosis Adviser (part-time) Location: HPA - Viet Nam Country Office, Hanoi - with travel to project sites Reporting to: HPA Vietnam Country Director Working with: HPA Viet Nam: Program, M&E and Finance and Administration teams and staff. HPA London: Southeast Asia Coordinator.
HEALTH POVERTY ACTION BACKGROUND:Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO, which has worked in Vietnam since 2016. Our mission is to support poor people in their efforts to achieve better health and well-being. Priority is given to the most excluded and vulnerable, in particular indigenous people and communities affected by conflict and political instability. HPA works with communities on long-term programmes to build knowledge and skills that will enable them to improve their own health and to gain access to effective health services and information. Currently, HPA implements projects related to Tuberculosis (TB), malaria control and elimination funded by the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria (GFTAM). The new 3-year GFTAM project is being implemented in two target provinces in collaboration with the National Lung Hospital, provincial lung hospitals, academic and local NGO partners.
- Provide technical support to the TB project related to the implementation of the Global Fund grant activities.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen provincial and district TB health staff capacity to TB detection, treatment and management services.
- Participate in regular TB project activities, including meetings, surveys, assessments, and supportive supervision visits.
- Support and coordinate TB project's training, supervision, and monitoring visits.
- Participate in development of M&E frameworks for the TB project and assisting in the scale-up of TB services in the province.
- In collaboration with NTP staff, update guidance materials, and monitoring and supervision tools, and participate in monitoring visits to TB treatment sites.
- Pro-actively provide regular feedback to HPA management staff on project implementation planning, variations between planned and actual activity implementation, and issues that could adversely impact the successful implementation of TB projects.
- In collaboration with relevant technical partners/staff, ensure effective support for training activities, workshops, and related field operations for the implementation of the project’s training activities.
- Assist with the drafting of MoUs and other agreements with the relevant Viet Nam government agencies and local counterparts, as required.
- Assist the Country Director with the strategic development of the HPA Viet Nam Country Programme, as requested.
- In collaboration with the Country Director and designated HPA staff, identify and follow-up on potential new project funding opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, Southeast Asia Coordinator and relevant staff, assist with the development and writing of concept notes, project proposals and budgets.
- Represent HPA Viet Nam in government, NGO networks and other forums, as agreed with the Country Director.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, build/ strengthen relationships with Global Fund Directors, the Ministry of Health, potential donors and other key stakeholders (such as INGOs), as requested.
- Coordinate all donor and government visits to project sites in collaboration with the Country Director.
Personnel Management and Capacity Building
- Ensure that HPA staff clearly understand the concept of the project and their own specific responsibilities in relation to the project, as set out in respective job descriptions.
- Provide and respond to technical advisory requests from project staff and partners in HPA Viet Nam and in the region, through field visits and/or remotely, as required or requested.
- Collaborate with line-managed staff to develop work plans, ensure the submission of quarterly and other work plans to the Country Director, and review periodically.
- Monitor and advise staff on work performance through probation reviews, regular performance appraisals and close supervision.
- Provide inputs for HPA’s advocacy and campaigns work as requested.
- Support the Country Director in drafting new policies and regulations for HPA Viet Nam operations, as requested.
- Promote learning and sharing between projects in Viet Nam and the region, ensuring lessons learned are documented and shared with other projects and/or partners.
- Maintain good inter-team communication, optimistic outlook and strong standard of professionalism, engender constructive team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by the Country Director.
Essential Qualifications/ Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical experience with at least a master's degree in health sciences or public health or relevant field, or a minimum 10 years of relevant technical experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant TB control or/and HIV/AIDS experience, preferably at the provincial or national level.
- Minimum of 5 years senior level work experience with NGO or development organisations.
- Excellent networking skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and negotiate at all levels.
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management, and experience of programme planning/ management.
- Understanding and experience of needs assessments, baseline surveys, Health Information Systems, operational research, monitoring and evaluation tools, and methodologies.
- Experience providing group training/ capacity building, and leading and motivating teams.
- Competent in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience using statistical programs.
- Strong analytical and proposal/ report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical, oral and writing skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Optimistic, empathetic outlook and strong standard of professionalism.
- Willingness to undertake periodic and extended field visits.
- Strong commitment to working with poor people in remote areas and promoting the rights of marginalised communities.
Desirable Qualifications/ Experience
- Advanced degree in public health, or international development.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of public health or infectious disease programs.
- An in-depth professional-level knowledge of development principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to HIV, Tuberculosis, Malaria- related education, prevention, and treatment activities.
- Experience of participatory approaches in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working with ethnic groups and/ or mobile/ migrant populations.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a completed HPA Application Form, along with a CV, in the Application Form candidates should clearly demonstrate how their experience meets the Qualifications and Experience detailed in the full job descriptions. Please refer to the attached files HERE.
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Feb 22nd 2021, 5pm.
Early applied CV will be preferred.
The most suitably qualified candidates will be invited for interview.
Health Poverty Action is an Equal Opportunities Employer Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for the positionCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)