Team Leader: EU-Vietnam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility
Assignment period: 11/08/2021 - 09/07/2027
Field: Climate Change, Environment
Type of employment: full-time
Application deadline: 04/18/2021
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is currently preparing to bid for the tender on the EU funded project “EU-Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility”. This facility will provide, on a demand-driven basis, expertise and capacity development in areas such as technology and knowledge transfer through cooperation on areas like research, higher education and R&D for renewable energy and energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy efficiency policy, legal and regulatory frameworks, norms and technical standards, power market analyses, energy governance, energy information systems, energy budgeting and planning. The main beneficiaries/users of the facility will be Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) and its various subsidiary institutions, and other energy stakeholders like the Provincial People's Committees, relevant Committees of the National Assembly, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Science and Technology as well as relevant social organisations.
The Team Leader (m/f/d) will be in charge of the overall management of the project in terms of priorities, content, policy dialogue, ensuring overall coherence of approach, linking with other stakeholders, ensuring adequacy to the needs the objectives and purposes of the Facility and delivering timely quality outputs.
He/she will also be managing the selection and supervision of short term expertise and coordinate reporting.
He/she will be closely coordinating with the EU Delegation as well as the MOIT and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Energy, Engineering, Economics, Policy, Business Administration or other directly related discipline, or an equivalent qualification.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Local language skills would be an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a team leader / programme manager.
- At least 7 years of international experience in energy projects in a developing or middle income country context, some of which must be in Asia.
- Experience working in Vietnam would be a strong asset.
- Experience working for the EU in the field of energy (renewable energy and energy efficiency) would be a strong asset.
- Experience working with energy information systems is an asset.
- Management experience of EU facilities is an asset.
Please note that the European Union has not yet published the detailed Terms of Reference for this project. Therefore, location, timing, tasks and requirements of this position may be subject to change.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Deadline: 18/4/2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
06/05/2021Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam