Short-term consultancy: Technical Consultant in Developing the recommendation for Verbal Autopsy methodology
BETTER HEALTH PROGRAMME
Better Health Programme Vietnam (BHP) is a 3.5-year programme funded by the UK Government’s Prosperity Programming and aims to reduce non-communicable disease (NCD) burden in Vietnam by improving access to safe, quality care using equitable, ethical and sustainable approaches. The programme will accomplish this through the implementation of a set of activities in the following areas: 1) Strategies to Counter NCDs; 2) Education and Training; and 3) Provider Performance Improvement.
We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate for the following consultancy:
Position: Short-term Technical Consultant in developing the paper on the recommendation for Verbal Autopsy methodology, Better Health Programme (BHP)
The recommendation will include a brief feasibility analysis of the WHO VA tool to collect information and classify the Causes of Death (CoD) at the commune health station (CHS) level. The paper will focus on two areas which are the method for VA data collection and CoD classification, and key personnel and responsibilities regarding death information recording and CoD identification and verification.
Duration: October - December 2021.
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
The consultant will work closely with the BHP’s NCD technical team on the following tasks:
- Developing a brief feasibility analysis of the WHO VA tool to collect information and classify CoD at the CHS level.
- Developing the recommendation for the method for VA data collection and CoD classification,
- Developing the recommendation for key personnel and responsibilities regarding death information recording and CoD identification and verification.
- Deliver a paper on the recommendation for Verbal Autopsy methodology
- An advanced university degree (Masters level or above) in Medicine, Education or Public Health or equivalent.
- Substantial professional experience in the healthcare system in Vietnam and the Cause of Death data collection, coding and monitoring. Experienced with Cause of Death identification using Verbal Autopsy in Vietnam will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse stakeholders to successfully design and deliver a consultancy. Proven ability to produce quality work to set deadlines. Demonstrated experience working with the Department of Planning and Finance, Ministry of Health.
- Proficient with various software applications (e.g. MS Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both English and Vietnamese, orally and in writing.
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three (3) professional referees) in English (both CV and cover letter), no later than 7th October 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 7th October 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN