EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN PUBLIC HEALTH
FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment, TB case finding and treatment, clinical research, anti-microbial resistance, health system strengthening, combatting trafficking in persons, non-communicable diseases, maternal and child health and nutrition, diagnostics and laboratory services.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Support to End Tuberculosis (SET) project’s overarching goal is to support the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to successfully detect, treat and prevent tuberculosis (TB), working at all levels of the health system to decentralize technical expertise. The five-year project will support the GVN in the ambitious effort to end TB by 2030. The USAID SET project is currently seeking qualified and highly motivated candidate to serve as the Technical Director for Research, based in Hanoi.
The Technical Director for Research (TD) will provide the overall technical direction and leadership for the project activities in the realm of operational research. S/he will support the Chief of Party (COP) in the planning, execution and monitoring of these activities to oversee the design and implementation of operational research for tuberculosis. Additionally, the TD will work closely with the Technical Manager for Strategic Information (SI), the regional and headquarter technical advisors, and the project technical leads to ensure the quality of data analysis for project implementation. The TD will conceive and develop technically sound and innovative methods to answer questions that arise during project implementation using research, data analysis, or data science, and will join the project leadership in making strategic decisions. S/he will provide supportive supervision to a team of technical staff and engage with them to foster an environment that encourages solid technical performance, innovative thinking, and rapid translation of ideas into actions.
- Lead and ensure the quality of operational research and data analysis components of the project. Will lead a team of strategic information specialists and research officers who are overseeing the project’s strategic information, implementation science, and research activities.
- Oversee the design and implementation of research studies (both qualitative and quantitative) that address research questions addressing tuberculosis detection or management. Will work closely with statisticians and TB experts to analyze and interpret results.
- Act as key liaison with strategic partners including the National Tuberculosis Program (NTP), Provincial Lung hospitals and provide technical support as needed
- Lead capacity-building to partners on the technical expertise on research, implementation science, data analysis, and data science.
- Lead processes to review and analyze global and local evidence to inform the establishment of country priorities for program and policy action
- Identify lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure the responsible technical components are of high quality and improve processes and practices.
- Represent the project in meetings with the donor and partners (USAID, NTP, Ministry of Health, provincial health services, provincial lung hospitals, other INGOs, local NGOs, etc.) as well as in external conferences and consultations.
Qualifications and experience for the position:
- Master’s degree or higher in medicine, public health, epidemiology or biostatistics, data science or other relevant areas
- At least 10 years of experience providing technical direction in research, implementation science, statistical analysis of data, and assessment for health programs.
- Knowledge and experience in developing health database systems
- Ability to analyze large datasets to extract project insights
- Management experience
- Ability to manage research projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful and timely implementation of activities.
- Familiarity with USAID reporting requirements and indicators
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and analytic software, and database technologies
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
FHI 360 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by September 15, 2021. Selection and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross