Request for Proposal (RFP)
|Solicitation Title:||Technical Expert: COVID-19|
|Submit Proposal and Questions to:||ProcurementVietnam@fhi360.org|
|Date of Issue of RFP:||8 June 2021|
|Date Proposal Due:||23:59 EST 18 June 2021|
|Approximate Date Consultant Contract Issued to Successful Candidate(s):||ASAP|
|Method of Submittal:|
|Respond via e-mail by 18 June 2021 with attached documents in MS Word or PDF format. The vendor agrees to hold the prices in its offer for the duration of the assignment.|
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are seeking qualified individuals to be part of a small team in support of the Ministry of Health and various provincial Departments of Health in wide-scale deployment of COVID-19 vaccines and complementary support to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a five-year, global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). EpiC Vietnam’s goal is to deliver efficient, affordable, results-based technical assistance and direct services in HIV and COVID-19.
Scope of Work
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high-level technical inputs in support of COVID-19 efforts in 5-7 provinces with additional support at the national level. The selected candidate will be expected to provide work at least 3 days per week for 6 to 9 months. This support will include but not be limited to the following:
- Quickly build or leverage existing relationships with provincial health authorities to identify gaps in plans, supply chains, communication, and health worker capacity.
- Ensure technical plans for vaccine rollout leverage lessons learned from global implementation, align with global and MOH requirements.
- Contribute technical expertise to the development, adaptation, or revision of curricula, training toolkits and communication packages to improve COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
- Identify and resolve project issues and implement improvement plans.
- Evaluate gaps in COVID-19 treatment readiness and vaccine deployment and develop remediation strategies in partnership with local health authorities.
- Build, develop, and grow partnerships vital to the success of the project, especially with USAID, the MOH, various DOH and other partners working on COVID-19 interventions.
- Leverage surveillance data to determine gaps in vaccine deployment, higher rates of mortality or morbidity, make recommendations for relevant pivots.
- Medical doctor preferred, experience working with the MOH and DOH on health system strengthening, surveillance, and/or behavior change communication required
- Understanding of surveillance data and track record of using data to drive decision making
- Availability to provide significant support over the next six to nine months
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Vietnamese language skills a benefit
Timetable and Address for Submission
Proposals are due no later than 23:59 EST 18 June 2021. Required documentation listed below must be e-mailed to ProcurementVietnam@fhi360.org.
Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria: Award will be based upon individual’s technical expertise, proven past related experiences and proposed rates.
Proposals must include the following components:
1. Submit the following materials directly to ProcurementVietnam@fhi360.org and please indicate in the subject line: EpiC/COVID-19 Technical Expert
- Proposal in English (limited to 1 page) that includes:
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the proposed SOW.
- Proposed daily rate and availability from July 2021 through March 2022.
- Recent CV.
- Business/performance references related to work in health system strengthening.
- FHI 360 Biodata form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Save the Children