FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims.
FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment; combatting trafficking in persons; tuberculosis case finding and treatment; clinical research; anti-microbial resistance; health system strengthening; non-communicable diseases; maternal and child health and nutrition; and diagnostic and laboratory services.
We are currently seeking qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese candidates to fill in the Technical Specialist, Animal Health position for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam - Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam, based in Hanoi.
Period of performance: from May 2022 through 31 December 2022
FHI 360 seeks a Technical Specialist - Animal Health for the extension period of the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam—Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam. The Country Grant will address critical gaps in surveillance of antibiotic resistant bacteria in Vietnam. This grant will support implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and will focus on selected number of AMR surveillance sites in animal health (AH) sector. We will work closely with local entities that are already involved in AMR/AMU surveillance, oversight and improvement activities, local and national Technical Working Groups, national and regional reference laboratories for human and animal health, other government and national and international non-government stakeholders, and Mott MacDonald, the Fleming Fund Management Agent.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Technical Specialist, Animal Health will be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in animals. This position is based in Hanoi with field visits to different parts of Vietnam. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to collect, assemble, and review data related to AMR and AMU patterns in human or animal populations.
- Provide technical assistance/participate in epidemiological investigations (e.g., source, antibiotic use, and spread of infection).
- Provide technical assistance to the AH reference laboratory, surveillance laboratories, and/or animal AMR/AMU surveillance sites to for assessment and improvement plans, operation of the referral surveillance network to collect and transfer the specimens and isolates for AMR testing
- Participate in supervision and onsite training, coaching and mentoring to AMR/AMU surveillance sites at animal health sectors and related partners.
- Provide technical assistance for sample collection, coordination, transport and testing for surveillance activities
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit quarterly/semi-annually/annually reports and other AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the donors’, national and global requirements. Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to animal AMR/AMU TWG or one health TWG quarterly and annually
- Support Project Lead to participate in and provide technical assistance to support and guide the animal AMR/AMU TWG.
- Animal nutrition, care, treatment, and prevention
- Understanding of human health/one health and how it all interacts with animal health
- Microbiology and related laboratory techniques
- Biosafety and biosecurity and how to apply principles
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes
- Fluency in English
- AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
31/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
22/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam