EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN PUBLIC HEALTH
FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment; combatting trafficking in persons; tuberculosis case finding and treatment; clinical research; anti-microbial resistance; health system strengthening; non-communicable diseases; maternal and child health and nutrition; and diagnostic and laboratory services.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is a five-year, global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). EpiC Vietnam’s goal is to deliver efficient, affordable, results-based technical assistance and direct services in HIV, combatting trafficking in persons, and COVID-19. EpiC is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese candidate to serve as a Technical Specialist, Health System Strengthening for the COVID-19 initiative. This position will be based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
The Technical Specialist, Health System Strengthening will lead the coordination and implementation of technical assistance efforts related to COVID-19 interventions. This will include working with a network of technical and provincial experts to coordinate technical assistance activities, ensure timely implementation of these activities, and reflect on the impact of these activities to the donor, senior management, and international audiences through reporting and knowledge management activities.
- Assess needs and develop technical assistance plans for COVID-19 with provincial authorities
- Identify, oversee, and coordinate provincial coordinator contractors for COVID-19 work
- Work alongside procurement-dedicated staff to support the identification, costing, procurement, and supply chain management of COVID-19 equipment and commodities
- In consultation with clinical experts, develop, adapt, and/or promote the use of guidelines, training curricula, and tools (online and offline) for use in the COVID-19 response by clinicians and caregivers including the basics of at-home isolation measures, infection prevention and control, oxygen monitoring, and elevating care as needed. Support organization of technical assistance activities in the respective areas using the developed materials.
- Build partnerships between EpiC, government authorities, and other COVID-19 funders to reduce duplication of efforts and boost impact
- Facilitate collaboration and supportive environment with implementing partners and other project staff
- Support preparation of reports, updates, presentations, and other technical deliverables on project activities to USAID and FHI 360 HQ
- Contribute to operational and implementation research efforts
- Support responses to ad hoc requests related to areas of technical expertise and leadership
Experience and abilities for the position:
- A bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, public health, medicine, social sciences or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- At least 6 years professional experience working with the MOH/DOH on health system strengthening activities with a demonstrated ability to lead these efforts
- Strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize
- Thrive under tight deadlines and a high-pressure work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Ability to travel as necessary
FHI 360 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by October 3, 2021. Selection and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
21/10/2021The Oxford Unniversity Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU)
31/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
21/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV