Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights, with a special focus on equality for girls. Plan International has over 80 years experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world. Plan International has been working in northern and central Vietnam since 1993. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to start life and grow up physically and mentally healthy and as adolescents so they are leading the way to shape their own future. We believe girls have the power to change the world. Our ambition is to work alongside them and together take action so that 2 million girls in Vietnam can learn, lead, decide and thrive by 2022.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
- Job Title: Temporary Area Finance Facilitator
- Reports to: Provincial Partnership Manager
- Unit/ Department; Program Unit in Hà Giang
- Duration: 7 months
- Working Location: Hoàng Su Phì, Hà Giang
- Effective date: August 2023
- Deadline: 18/8/2023
- Support Program Unit (PU) staffs in preparation, updating and revision of the project budgets;
- Review all financial related documents of PU to ensure compliance with Plan’s financial policies and procedures and good value for money;
- Coordinate with program staff to monitor spending of communities/partners and check project expenditures incurred and compliance of financial transactions;
- Prepare and submit all required financial reports on time with good quality.
- Updating PU staffs and communities/partners on Plan’s financial policies and procedures to ensure thorough understanding and proper application.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls and procedures required by Plan are in place and strictly followed, both at PU and Plan’s communities and partners;
- Conduct regular visits to communities/partners to review related financial documents to ensure compliance with Plan’s requirements.
- University graduate in related fields
- Experience in related fields is an advantage.
- Experience with development work is an advantage.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledgeable child rights and relevant child protections issues,
- Skills in working with children,
- Well-developed skills in analytical, facilitation, communication, organization, and interpersonal relationships,
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team,
- Able to do numerical calculation
- Good understanding of simple accounting principle
- Able to understand English
- Good computer skills (Excel, Words...)
How to Apply
We are looking for experienced, qualified and motivated Vietnamese candidates who are committed to working long-term for the following position with attached TOR. Please send your application and CV to below e-mail address.
Position: Area Finance Facilitator
Working location: Hoang Su Phi, Ha Giang
Deadline: 18th August 2023
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children