The International Center (formerly known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF) is a humanitarian organization that has addressed the consequences of war through advocacy and service programs in Vietnam for the last three decades. As a cofounder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, IC-VVAF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997. Now working under The International Center, IC, focuses on disability support, landmine removal, and mental health programs.
Under the financial support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IC has been implementing the Disability Support Project named “Moving without Limits” in three provinces of Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh from July 2015 until September 2022. This project aims to improve the accessibility of the people with mobility impairments in Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam, and Binh Dinh to quality and affordable assistive devices.
B. KEY EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
The review will be focusing on the Vietnam’s policy and the implementation of the Law on Disabilities in project provinces:
The consultancy service is expected to deliver the followings:
- A report presenting findings on review on existing policy and legal framework on disability and assistive technology for persons with disabilities.
- A report presenting the impact of the law enforcement of the National Law on Disability with regard to assistive technology for persons with disabilities. The review of the enforcement include field assessment in the selected provinces.
- Reports present the recommendations for revision of the Law with a framework for AT service delivery.
The length of the consultancy service will be discussed and agreed by the consultant and IC management,
The survey should be started as soon as possible.
D. SUPERVISION AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of Policy team leader, with support and evaluation of IC-VVAF program Director.
E. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Post Graduated Degree in social science, social policy, development, rehabilitation or related areas.
- Proven excellent experience in policy development, particularly in the area of Disabilities.
- Excellent Vietnamese writing skills
- Proficiency in English
Individual/ group of individuals/ firm interested in this job are invited to submit your technical proposal and CVs in English separately, including references, either by email (to email@example.com ) - Subject: [VVAF - 072021] Consultancy - Fullname or by post (to The International Center, Room 103-203, B3 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam).
Please state “Application for IC Review of Assistive Technology Service Delivery” in the subject line or on the envelop. The short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Deadline for submission: by COB 6th August 2021.
- Detailed of the review can be obtained via email, following the email provided below.
- For further information, please contact: Ms. Hua Thi Thu Len – Receptionist o Tel: (84-24) 3733 9444, ext: 9 o Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
29/09/2021Save the Children
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children