Terms of reference
(Please refer to this number in the application)
Videography Consultant for UN Women Viet Nam Country Office (National Consultant) (Part-time)
To support the videography products of UN Women in Viet Nam
Home-based with technical meetings in Ha Noi, Viet Nam
15 February 2021 to 14 February 2022 (maximum of 60 working days of assignment period; UN Women Viet Nam does not warrant that the maximum of 60 days. The service will be purchased during the term of the Agreement)
UN Women Communications Officer
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of substantive equality between women and men. The fundamental objective of UN Women is to enhance national capacity and ownership to enable national partners to formulate gender responsive laws, policies and upscale successful strategies to deliver on national and international commitments to gender equality.
Viet Nam context
In Viet Nam, UN Women’s country strategy focuses on two areas: (i) Remove structural barriers that inhibit women’s economic empowerment and resilience to economic shifts, disasters and climate change; and (ii) End Discrimination and Violence Against Women and Girls. As part of the first area of work, UN Women focuses on supporting evidence-based advocacy for gender-responsive normative frameworks, as well as coordinating high-level policy advocacy with strategic development partners.
The goal of UN Women’s Communication Strategy is to support the positioning of women’s empowerment and gender equality as key issues on the international and national agendas and establish UN Women’s role as the global authority in this context. This entails showcasing its leadership as an advocate and knowledge provider on gender equality, a provider of results-oriented, impactful interventions on the ground, and a skilled facilitator of normative and UN coordination processes.
Therefore, UN Women is looking for a National Videography Consultant to support the implementation of UN Women’s Communications Strategy.
II. Objective of the consultancy
Under the direct supervision of UN Women Communications Officer, selected national Videography consultant will provide videography services in support of UN Women’s needs. The selected consultant will work independently on assigned tasks and will request final approval from the UN Women Communications Officer.
III. Specific tasks
Under the overall guidance of Communications Officer, selected Videography consultant is responsible for providing videography products for UN Women Viet Nam Office’s campaigns and events, including but not limited to the following events:
- International Women’s Day 2021 (8 March)
- Generation Equality Forum (July 2021)
- Vietnamese Women’s Day 2021 (20 October)
- 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence campaign in 2021 (25 November to 10 December)
- Other programme activities and events from 15 February 2021-14 February 2022
IV. Institutional arrangement
The Videography consultant will work under the supervision of the UN Women Communications Officer. The consultant is home-based with technical meetings in Ha Noi, Viet Nam. If the consultant is not based in Ha Noi then UN Women will cover the travelling cost based on EU-UN cost norms.
V. Duration of Assignment and Duty Station
The contract period is from 15 February 2021 to 14 February 2022. Maximum 60 days of assignment period with home-based and attending technical meetings in Ha Noi.
VI. Deliverable and Payment
Videography products that reflect high quality result-based standard and format established by UN Women. The service will be purchased during the term of the Agreement.
The consultant will be engaged under a retainer contract, which facilitates direct engagement of the consultant depending on need and availability within the contract period for a pre-agreed fee. For each assignment, the consultant will be paid based on the pre-agreed number of working days.
VII. Application Evaluation Criteria
The applicant will be evaluated based on technical capacities (70%) and financial proposal (30%). The technical evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
Having at least 5 years of relevant experience in videography production
Having experience working with UN agencies or international organizations
Fluent in both writing and speaking English
Core Values and Competencies
In addition to the aforementioned requirements and qualifications, the candidate must share the core values and core competencies of the organization.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong commitment to and good understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and strong self-direction;
- Strong research and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure with colleagues at all levels;
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming and desired knowledge of the UNCT-SWAP Gender Equality Scorecard.
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication;
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay com- posed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others;
- Conflict management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution;
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge.
Please visit this link for mo
The weight of technical points is 70% and the financial points is 30%. Individual consultant will be evaluated based on Cumulative analysis, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Havingreceivedthe highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
VIII. Application Procedure and Deadline
Candidates are requested to send the following documents in one application email to email@example.com
- An application letter explaining your interest in the consultancy and why you are the most suited candidate for the consultancy position;
- Updated CV;
- Personal History Form (P11). The P11 Form can be downloaded from the following website: http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs;
- Financial proposal specifying a daily consultancy rate in VND and a breakdown per deliverable. UN Women will bear the costs of requested travel expenses following the UN-EU cost norm.
Deadline for Application: 7 February 2021
The evaluation will be based on the combination of the weighted technical and financial scores (70 per cent technical and 30 per cent financial).
NOTE: Documents required before contract signing:
- UN Personal History Form;
- Full medical examination and Statement of Fitness to work and travel for consultants with travel involved. (This is not a requirement for RLA contracts);
- Completed UNDSS BSAFE online training course. Link: https://training.dss.un.org/
- Individual subscribers over 65 years of age are required to undergo a full medical examination including x-rays at their own cost and obtaining medical clearance from the UN Medical Doctor before taking up their assignment.
- Release letter in case the selected consultant is government official.
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children