Who we are: Artistri Sud is a Montreal-based registered charity founded in 2009 in Montreal to support women’s empowerment around the world. We help women create sustainable livelihoods for themselves, their families and their communities by building their capacity as individuals and entrepreneurs. The women learn essential business and life skills to help them run their micro-enterprises more effectively, enabling them to generate increased revenues and improve their standard of living in a sustainable way.
What we do: Artistri Sud has capacity-building entrepreneurship training projects in Asia and Latin America and plans to expand to Africa over the next five years. In 2021, we will deliver our flagship Artistri Sud Social Entrepreneurship Training (ASSET) program in Hanoi, Vietnam. Artistri Sud has been present in Vietnam since 2017; this is the fourth training we are implementing. We have trained more than 130 women from different ethnic minorities, mostly from the north of Vietnam.
Artistri Sud is currently looking for a skilled Vietnamese/English Interpreter. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual who is committed to women’s empowerment and to making a difference for others.
- At least 2 years experience working as an interpreter
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- High energy, personable, with a flare for performance - you need to be able to maintain a large group of women’s attention
- Willingness to work long, rewarding hours while staying enthusiastic and maintaining a positive attitude
- Self-starter with drive, problem-solving skills and flexibility – things can change on the ground and you may need to support decision-making on the fly!
- Native speaker in Vietnamese and fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Experience working and/or living with underprivileged women with little or no formal education
- Any knowledge of tourism, entrepreneurship, Hoa Binh province, ethnic minority culture, tradition and language will be considered an asset
The interpreter will be responsible for:
- Being present for the entire length of the program, including meals and overnight stays. Teaching hours run from 9 am to 9 pm, but as a key member of the training team, you will meet before and after to debrief and plan with the team.
The role requires travel to Hoa Binh – all travel, lodging and food expenses are paid by Artistri Sud.
To apply, please fill out this Google form:
Application Deadline: November 3rd 2021
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
10/12/2021Consulate General of India Ho Chi Minh City
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International