Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 4 sectors health, education, protection, and disaster preparedness and response.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Infrastructure Coordinator Grade: Coordinator Position Duration: 01 Year with possibility of extension based on performance and funding Duty Station: Tra Vinh or Ho Chi Minh City, frequent travel to project locations and head office Reports To: Area Manager
The WASH Coordinator will support WASH project and other projects as needed of Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR). He/she is responsible to support project activities including water infrastructure development, water delivery and installing water storage, and other activities throughout project cycle. The staff member serves as a technical expert in the field of water, sanitation, and hygiene. The current project takes place in Tra Vinh, yet may shift to other areas.
- Project Implementation: Supports with project planning, start up, implementation, and monitoring. Coordinate and carry out activities at project locations including trainings, activities, assessments, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Infrastructure Improvement: Install household water systems and devices. Train households on water system installation, maintenance, and repair. Monitor and inspect water system installations implemented by partner. Supervise construction crews and/or local labor to complete project activities. Review and verify partner’s schedule, technical plans, budgets, and financial documents to ensure compliance with local laws and internal standards.
- Time management: Manage timely completion of the project activities in coordination with partners.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Monitor project activities conducted by SPIR and partners. Utilize survey, interview, discussion, and other data collection methods to monitor and evaluate project activities. Ensure activity and project outputs meet defined scope and quality.
- Reporting and Data Entry: Collect and compile data from surveys, questionnaires, and other records to summarize information into monthly and annual reports. Verify and input data into various data management software.
- Stakeholder Management and Government Relations: Assist with meetings, communications, and related documentation. Foster strong relationships with district and commune level partner(s), authorities and target community. Assist with coordination with provincial level agencies under Area Manager’s direction.
- Financial management: Complete internal financial processes (cash advance, partner transfer, payment requests) to ensure timely completion of activities in accordance with approved budgets and donor requirements. Collects clear and accurate receipts. Creates regular financial expense reports for activities. Review partner financial reporting for compliance with financial requirements.
- Procurement: Utilize established office procedures to ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete work in a timely manner.
- Communication: Ensure timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, control, monitoring of project communication.
- Work Environment: Nurture a positive work environment and foster a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Team Support: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction or associated field.
- At least 03 years’ experience working in WASH or construction related field or NGO work.
- At least 03 years’ experience in project execution or formal training.
- Experience working with government-funded or public construction projects preferred, but not required.
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese-written and spoken. Good communication skills.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote areas in varying weather conditions.
- Humble team player; ability to be flexible and adapt.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and SPIR Application form (as attached) to email@example.com referencing “WASH Infrastructure Coordinator Opportunity” in the subject title. Application Deadline: January 31, 2021.
10/02/2022SAVE VIETNAM'S WILDLIFE
07/02/2022FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization
15/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
07/02/2022Save The Children International
14/02/2022Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
07/02/2022UK Embassy in Vietnam
07/02/2022Save the Children
17/02/2022Save the Children
15/02/2022Education For Nature - Vietnam (ENV)