- Organisation Name: FHI 360
- Location: Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh
- Application Deadline: 22/11/2023
BackgroundFHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment; combatting trafficking in persons; COVID-19; tuberculosis case finding and treatment; anti-microbial resistance; health system strengthening; maternal and child health and nutrition; and diagnostic and laboratory services. FHI 360 manages the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), a five-year project focused on HIV, COVID-19, and combatting trafficking in persons using funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). EpiC is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese candidate to serve as a Technical Advisor, for EpiC’s Global Health Security (GHS) and Health System information (HIS) portfolio based in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) or Hanoi. Final title and responsibilities will be based on skills and experience.
Main responsibilities:Activity Management (~50%)
- Design an assessment of human resources and health information systems in HCMC ahead of the potential design of a system to improve prevention, detection, and response to emerging health threats.
- Facilitate relationships and coordinate stakeholders including USAID and local government authorities.
- Build relationships with organizations with synergistic aims.
- Source and oversee technical consultants and coordinate existing technical staff.
- Ensure project deliverables are on-time and on-budget and lead reporting (written and oral).
- Represent the project in stakeholder meetings and contribute to business development efforts.
- Provide technical guidance to partners within established areas of technical expertise.
- Keep abreast of new developments and emerging issues that affect GHS and HIS via literature review, conference/meeting attendance, as well as participation and facilitation at workshops, and training events.
- Review implication of government policies related to GHS and HIS to all initiatives.
- Identify gaps in technical knowledge among existing staff and consultants and identify ways to fill gaps.
- Understand and leverage available tools, trainings, and human resources including existing staff, local experts, and FHI 360’s global experts.
- Develop summary reports, manuscripts, presentations, and other knowledge products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and abilities for the position:
- Bachelors’ Degree or its international equivalent in project management, public health, medicine, health information systems, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience working on of public health projects. 5+ experience in management or implementation of GHS/HIS related area is an advantage.
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Technical expertise in animal health, human health/medicine, health information systems, etc.
- Experience with USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
How to applyInterested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by November 22, 2023. Selection and interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.