in Climate Change Program
Starting Date: 15th September 2021
Location: No 16, Lane 11, To Ngoc Van Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Duration: 3 years, 40 hours/week (from Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
Deadline for application: 1st August 2021
Line Manager: Head of Country, FNF Vietnam
Are you passionate about liberalism, freedom and projects to increase resilience to climate change? Do you possess experiences in project management, policy advocacy and sound understanding of current issues related to climate change and environment at the national and sub-national levels? Are you interested in working in a variety of German-funded Projects and in a multicultural environment? Then you could fit well with us!
Who we are
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) is Germany’s liberal foundation. All of our work is guided by liberty as its fundamental value. Being active in Germany and in around 60 project countries worldwide, we promote freedom, human rights, the rule of law, and market-based economy. The Foundation opened an office in Vietnam since 2012. With a wide range of topics such as Education, Digital and Open Society, Future of Market Economy and International Issues, we facilitate dialogue, organize conferences and invite experts for increasing exchange between Vietnam and Germany. Climate change is recently added to one of our focus for the next three years with bright rooms for innovative ideas.
· Design, develop and implement well-targeted projects under the scope of Climate Change Program in Vietnam and Regional office, and meet all requirements before and after project implementation.
· In consultation with the Head of Country, Climate Change Experts to be responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the activities during all phases of the project;
· Foster partnerships with key state governments, especially the local governments in Can Tho City and Thua Thien Hue province and relevant technical institutions working on climate change issues
· Review quality and consistency of reports and deliverables by partner institutions/ responsible parties
· Regular financial management and reporting to ensure projects go in line with FNF internal finance regulations.
· Fulfill annual internal and external reports to Regional Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and so on for projects and activities.
· Other tasked assigned by Head of Country
Qualifications, skills and experience
· Degree from a recognized institution in environmental science/sustainable development/social sciences/ public policy;
· At least 3 years of Program/project development and management experience;
· In-depth knowledge of environmental and climate change related concepts, theories, policies and practices; and sound understanding of current issues related to climate change and environment at the national and sub-national levels;
· Excellent command of written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
· Outstanding communication, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
· Proficiency in the use of office IT applications.
· Master Degree in related fields;
· Experience of working with Central and/or State Governments/ NGOs/ Civil Society on similar assignments will be preferred;
· Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations and national and State Governments;
· A good command of German would be an advantage;
· Strong team orientation and a value-driven, socially minded attitude
· Work in a leading German NGO;
· Competitive fixed salary, private health insurance and other benefits;
· Opportunities for capacity building and self-development;
· Domestic and international travel opportunities;
· A supportive, dynamic and international environment at both FNF Vietnam office and through regular exchanges with FNF offices in Germany and the region
Applications in English include:
· Motivation Letter
· Autobiography (CV)
· Relevant certificates and diplomas.
Please send all above documents in one PDF file to: vietnam@Freiheit.org, put the subject of the letter in the form [FES - 062021] Project Manager - Fullname
DEADLINE 15 September 2021
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia